Offering a comprehensive range of physical tests suitable for assessing papers and other substrates from lightweight to board grammages, Test-Tech’s extensive lab-based print testing has a proven track record in resolving customer complaints, identifying production issues, helping develop new products and in-depth benchmarking.
Paper, board and synthetic substrate testing capabilities:
Paper, film and board strength properties
Grammage, thickness, tear, tensile, bending resistance, burst, zero span, fibre strength, internal bond strength (Scott-Bond) MIT single fold, Schopper double fold, Box compression testing (BCT), Jog testing (mechanical and pneumatic), film puncture resistance
Paper surface properties
Surface friction, dynamic absorption testing (DAT, contact angle test), smoothness, Parker Print Surf (PSS), surface roughness (Bekk and Bendsten), surface and volume resistivity, TABER abrasion, peel strength, Stain length via IGT AIC2-5
Paper and board permeability and absorption properties
Air permeance (Bendsten, Gurley, Potts), water absorption via Cobb and Klemm techniques, water vapour transmission rate (MVTR).
Paper and film optical properties
Opacity, whiteness, brightness and colour via Lab co-ordinates, light fastness via Xenon chamber.
Paper print properties
- Print density, gloss, mottle, heliotest, wet and dry pick, ink absorption time via IGT AIC2-5, wax pick
- Ink dry time via PIRA method, print rub via Wallace method. Kheops mottle quantification
- ISIT apparatus to determine ink tack development and setting time
- Comprehensive ink jet and thermal paper print testing is available
- All to relevant ASTM, BS, EN, ISO, TAPPI standards
- Paper and print permanence testing